Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization! We are the premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
Our team is comprised of talented professionals who excel at providing industry leading calibration, repair and asset management services to our customers. As an employee at Trescal, you will join a people-centric company with an incredible culture. We encourage new ideas and suggestions in order to continue to offer both customers and employees the services and benefits in a dynamic, global marketplace. We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, and dynamic engagement. Does Trescal sound like the place for you? Then join our team!
Trescal is looking for an experienced Automation Specialist to join our team. This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the contiguous United States, located near a major airport.
The Automation Specialist is in charge of designing and developing new systems to optimize business operations. The responsibilities revolve around performing research and analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of existing systems, coordinating with different departments to learn their operational needs, and improving software and hardware. You may also install and repair various equipment, troubleshoot, and conduct regular maintenance checks to ensure efficiency and smooth workflow. It is essential to provide technical support to technicians, all while implementing the company's policies and regulations.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with developing, implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting automation procedures and processes in Fluke MET/CAL, SureCal, and NI Calibration Executive platforms
- Strong understanding of procedure development and the ability to translate manual calibration procedures into an automated process
- Strong understanding of analyzing measurement uncertainty in automated processes, including accounting for substitution of standards
- Display high degree of motivation and intitiative
- Strong math acumen, communication and analytical skills
- Advise management on viability, benefits and completion time for new software project proposals
- Install, configure and troubleshoot SureCal, Fluke MET/CAL, and NI Calibration Executive v3.5, v3.6, v5.X, v6.X automation procedures
- Maintain controlled library of automated procedures and automation software and drivers, including those obtained from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM)
- Develop Flexible Standards subroutines and incorporate into procedures; access data from external sources from Accuracy Files (*.acc) or other text-based files (e.g. Windows initialization, comma-delimited files)
- Publish approved and validated procedures into the control network file directories making them available to all technicians
- Configure and integrate third-party applications, such as Microsoft Excel, into automation procedures
- Develop automated procedures adhering to and citing the operations/service manual(s) or accepted published calibration method(s).
- Document standardized processes on installing, configuring and troubleshooting software and automation packages for use by IT and technicians
- Collaborate with IT, Technical Team, Quality Assurance, Operations etc. as required on assigned projects
- Providing training (in person, remote, develop tutorials or delivered video) to:
- IT Helpdesk on installing and configuring automation packages
- Technicians on use of automation as well as address/correct procedure or hardware issues
- Work with the Technical Team to ensure datasheets used for the manual calibration match automation verification methods
- Work with Quality Assurance when developing manual procedures to ensure compliance with corporate policy
- Ensure Source Code Management (SCM) system is incorporated in development workflow to ensure historical documentation of code edits.
- Improve procedure efficiency and effectiveness by analyzing existing procedure code to reduce runtime errors and combine Verification procedures and Adjustment routines into a single package
- Advocate use of automation via email notifications, newsletters, or posting articles to Intranet Knowledge Base (KB)
We believe people are the most important part of every business, which is why we offer more benefits than a great health insurance plan. At Trescal, we have a strong track record of retaining our employees by providing challenging work experiences, learning and development opportunities, and a success oriented collaborative environment. In addition, we offer paid time off, a 401k plan, career development opportunities, referral bonuses, and a competitive benefit package.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW! A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page at JOBS.TRESCAL.US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or veteran status.