Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization! We are the premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
Our team is comprised of talented professionals who excel at providing industry leading calibration, repair and asset management services to our customers. As an employee at Trescal, you will join a people-centric company with an incredible culture. We encourage new ideas and suggestions in order to continue to offer both customers and employees the services and benefits in a dynamic, global marketplace. We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, and dynamic engagement. Does Trescal sound like the place for you? Then join our team!
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Lab Supervisor with RF Calibration expertise to join our team in the Boonton (Newark) New Jersey. Our lab, located in the small town of Boonton, is only 30 miles outside of NYC allowing you to take advantage of everything that the Big Apple has to offer. Boonton itself offers many outdoor activities within a short drive such as, hiking to the Falls in Grace Lord Park, skiing Snow Board Vernon Valley or a trip to the Jersey Shore!
In this role you will responsible for:
* Perform calibrations on a variety of test & measurement equipment including but not limited to: electrical, RF and microwave test equipment
* Supervising, coordinating and scheduling to ensure full utilization of technician capabilities
* Prioritizing to accommodate turn-around times
* Managing overtime to meet customer expectations
* Resolve metrology related problems with the technical team members
* Monitor and manage the production and performance of the lab personnel
* Provide weekly and monthly reports for overtime, turnaround time averages, and other reports requested
* Support periodic audits, review and evaluate warranties
* Training & mentoring technicians
* Ensuring Lab Cleanliness/Lab 5S
* Executing Continuous improvement of the lab
* Managing calibration of lab standards
* Assist QA and technical teams
* Achieve monthly sales goals
* Assist with performance reviews
As a Lab Supervisor you must possess:
*Military training and experience (PMEL or TMDE or GPETE or Electronics) OR an Associates Degree in Electronics (or related technical field); ASQ CCT OR equivalent work experience & training
*Minimum of 5 years of experience calibrating test & measurement equipment (in a commercial or military calibration lab)
*Experienced in calibrating several disciplines of test and measurement equipment used in conjunction with the repair and calibration of a variety of devices: such as Electronics, RF Microwave, Physical Dimensional, Mechanical.
*Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 requirements
*Experience in communication with customer and peers, including ability to mentor or train
*Good Organizational skills, meticulous with details
*Strong communication skills including written, verbal and listening skills
*Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word & EXCEL), Internet research, data entry, etc.
And we would prefer:
*Strong RF calibration experience
*A minimum of 2 years of experience supervising technicians
*Knowledge of ANSI / NCSL Z-540-1 and ISO 9000
*Experience using Calibration Software such as: LabView, SURE/CAL, Met/Cal , etc.
We believe people are the most important part of every business, which is why we offer more benefits than a great health insurance plan. At Trescal, we have a strong track record of retaining our employees by providing challenging work experiences, learning and development opportunities, and a success oriented collaborative environment. In addition, we offer paid time off, a 401k plan, career development opportunities, referral bonuses, and a competitive benefit package.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW!
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page at JOBS.TRESCAL.US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.