Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization! We are the premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
Our team is comprised of talented professionals who excel at providing industry leading calibration, repair and asset management services to our customers. As an employee at Trescal, you will join a people-centric company with an incredible culture. We encourage new ideas and suggestions in order to continue to offer both customers and employees the services and benefits in a dynamic, global marketplace. We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, and dynamic engagement. Does Trescal sound like the place for you? Then join our team!
We have a great opportunity for a Calibration (Metrology) Lab Manager to join our team in the (Boonton) Newark, New Jersey area.
In this role you will:
* Lead a cross functional team including technicians, customer service and logistics.
* You will recruit, develop and retain a productive and engaged team.
* Ensure timely completion of all work within the scope of the team by:
- Supervising and coordinating to ensure full utilization of technician capabilities.
- Prioritizing to accommodate lab metrics (KPI's) including turn around time, quality, financial, etc.
-Managing overtime while meeting expectations.
* Monitor and manage the production and performance of your lab personnel.
* Partner with the sales team on new business opportunities.
* Be responsible for weekly and monthly reports for overtime, turnaround time averages, business review, and other reports requested.
* Manage the facilities and services related to spend (P&L management) and scheduling of calibration supplies, vehicles, facilities maintenance, cleaning services, calibration standards, etc.
As a Lab Manager you must possess:
*Military (PMEL or TMDE) training & experience; Technical Degree or equivalent training & work experience
*Experience calibrating test & measurement equipment in a commercial or military calibration lab
*3+ years of experience in a supervisory/management role; preferably in a technical field
*Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 requirements
*Strong communication skills including experience engaging with employees and customers at all levels
*Experience collaborating with cross functional teams & customers
*Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop teams.
*Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
*Must have a valid driver's license; clean driving record and be able to travel, as needed
And we would prefer:
*Bachelors Degree preferably in business or a technical field; ASQ or CCT certfication
*Prior experience in managing a diverse (cross functional) team including - recruitment, development, retention and employee relations
*Experience in continuous improvement in lab processes
*Experience in calibrating several disciplines of test and measurement equipment used in conjunction with the repair and calibration of a variety of devices such as Physical Dimensional, Electronics and RF Microwave.
*Knowledge of ISO 9000
*Experience using industry specific software such as LabView, SureCal, Met/Cal and Indy Soft.
We believe people are the most important part of every business, which is why we offer more benefits than a great health insurance plan. At Trescal, we have a strong track record of retaining our employees by providing challenging work experiences, learning and development opportunities, and a success oriented collaborative environment. In addition, we offer paid time off, a 401k plan, career development opportunities, referral bonuses, and a competitive benefit package.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW!
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page at JOBS.TRESCAL.US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or veteran status.