Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization! We are the premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
Our team is comprised of talented professionals who excel at providing industry leading calibration, repair and asset management services to our customers. As an employee at Trescal, you will join a people-centric company with an incredible culture. We encourage new ideas and suggestions in order to continue to offer both customers and employees the services and benefits in a dynamic, global marketplace. We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, and dynamic engagement. Does Trescal sound like the place for you? Then join our team!
We have a great opportunity for a Calibration Technician - Trainee to join our team in the Sparks (Baltimore) , Maryland location.
In this role:
Primary Responsibilities 60-70%: Test Equipment Cleaning & Preparation
- Be responsible for the proper care and handling of test & measurement equipment including but not limited to many different types of gauges.
- Clean and prepare equipment for calibration.
Secondary Responsibilities 30-40%: Learn how to perform Calibrations
- Learn the methodology, skills and processes to perform calibrations on test and measurement equipment in the lab environment.
- Receive hands on training so that you can perform calibrations on low to medium level test and measurement instrumentation in the calibration laboratory, and where necessary, at customer’s locations (on-site) once you have been trained and demonstrate competency.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction on all equipment and services
- Learn how to create and verify calibration data sheets for technical content and accuracy based upon specifications and approved procedures
Backup Duties: Driver
- Drives a truck or van to locations throughout the state to transport materials and / or equipment to, form, and between customer facilities.
- Load and unload your vehicle with, or without assistance.
- Identify materials and / or equipment to be transported using shippers and packing lists.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
*High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
*Valid Driver's License and Clean Driving Record.
*Must be able to lift 50lbs frequently.
*Familiarity with basic (hand) tools.
*Effective communication skills including written, verbal and listening skills.
*Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Internet Research and database management; ability to keyboard with accuracy.
*Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability.
*Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workload.
*Ability to learn the methodology, skills, and processes to perform calibrations on test & measurement equipment.
*Basic knowledge of mathematics.
We believe people are the most important part of every business, which is why we offer more benefits than a great health insurance plan. At Trescal, we have a strong track record of retaining our employees by providing challenging work experiences, learning and development opportunities, and a success oriented collaborative environment. In addition, we offer paid time off, a 401k plan, career development opportunities, referral bonuses, and a competitive benefit package.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW!
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page at JOBS.TRESCAL.US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.