Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization! We are the premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
Our team is comprised of talented professionals who excel at providing industry leading calibration, repair and asset management services to our customers. As an employee at Trescal, you will join a people-centric company with an incredible culture. We encourage new ideas and suggestions in order to continue to offer both customers and employees the services and benefits in a dynamic, global marketplace. We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, and dynamic engagement. Does Trescal sound like the place for you? Then join our team!
We have a great Career Opportunity for someone to move into a Lead Calibration Technician role in Hartland, Michigan.
In this role you will:
* Assist with scheduling and work load distribution for the technicians
* Manage work load distribution for the technicians within his/her sphere of influence when the laboratory manager is not available
* Monitor and maintain our Turn Around Time (TAT) to meet our corporate goals
* Interface with Trescal's internal customer service team when the Laboratory Manager is not available
* Perform calibrations on high level and unique test and measurement instrumentation in the calibration laboratory, and where necessary, at customer’s locations (on-site)
* Use your troubleshooting, repair, and calibration knowledge to work on unique equipment
* Interact directly with customer to determine needs relating to traceability, adequacy of standards and test procedures utilized by Trescal, Inc., as well as, for items requiring repair or limited calibration
* Assist Quality Assurance in developing uncertainty budgets
As a Lead Calibration Technician you must possess:
*Military Calibration training & experience (PMEL OR TMDE) OR AS Degree in Electronics or other technical area OR equivalent work experience.
*Minimum of 5 years of commercial or military calibration laboratory experience
*Experienced in calibrating multiple disciplines of test and measurement equipment such as: Electrical, Physical Dimensional, Mechanical and/or RF Microwave
*Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 requirements
*Strong communication skills including written, verbal and listening skills
*Experience in communicating with customers
*Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), Internet Research and database management
*Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
*Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workload
And we would prefer:
*Knowledge of ANSI / NCSL Z-540-1 and ISO 9000
*Experience using Calibration Software such as LabView, SURE/CAL and Met/CAL
*Prior experience mentoring and training calibration technicians
We believe people are the most important part of every business, which is why we offer more benefits than a great health insurance plan. At Trescal, we have a strong track record of retaining our employees by providing challenging work experiences, learning and development opportunities, and a success oriented collaborative environment. In addition, we offer paid time off, a 401k plan, career development opportunities, referral bonuses, and a competitive benefit package.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW!
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page at JOBS.TRESCAL.US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.