Calibration Technician - Level 2
This caliber technician is required to perform calibrations on medium to high level test and measurement instrumentation and assist in general laboratory duties as assigned. This person should be able to troubleshoot and repair simple malfunctions. The technician must be self-motivated and rarely requires guidance from other personnel in the measurements it is proficient. Collateral duties may be assigned as a permanent part of the position description depending on individual’s abilities.
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION: BRANCH/LABORATORY MANAGER OR DESIGNEE
* Requires little supervision and guidance regarding calibration and troubleshooting
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures,
* Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service,
* Perform calibration of medium to high level test and measurement equipment with little supervision,
* Coordinate and lead teams for field calibration and maintenance,
* Seek and provide sales leads whenever possible,
* Create and may be called upon to verify calibration data sheets for technical content and accuracy based upon instrument specifications and approved calibration procedures,
* Develop calibration procedures to meet the needs of the customer while supporting traceability of the measurements,
* Complete all documentation associated with position accurately and efficiently while maintaining a 5 o;r less of the combined Quality Documentation Inspection (QDI) and Process Verification Inspection (PVI) discrepancy rates,
* Maintain technical proficiency and effectiveness through various means such as self-study, local college and internal training programs as well as through proficiency testing,
* Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner,
* May assist the Laboratory Manager in training technicians and educating customers when needed,
* May assist Quality Assurance in developing uncertainty budgets,
* Ensure that preventative maintenance of the laboratory’s equipment is performed in a timely and acceptable manner,
* Performing daily inspections of the incoming equipment to verify: accessories and manuals are available, malfunctions of customer instrumentation, and to change equipment status when appropriate.
* Military (PMEL) experience or two years of a technical associates degree
* Minimum of 4 years of commercial or military laboratory experience
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES (KSA) REQUIRED:
* Basic knowledge of metrology practices and theories, analog and digital circuit analysis,
* Experienced in calibrating several disciplines of test and measurement equipment used in conjunction with the repair and calibration of electrical, mechanical, and thermal devices,
* Possess basic troubleshooting and repair capabilities, and the ability to work on unique equipment with product information,
* Proficient in Windows-based and laboratory automation software,
* Ability to evaluate appropriate standards and scope of accreditation to determine if these tools are acceptable for calibrating M&TE,
* Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 requirements,
* Skilled in communication with customers and peers, including the ability to mentor and train.
* Sitting for long periods of time
* Able to lift 50 lbs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.