Calibration Technician - Level 2
Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization at many of our sites across the U.S. We offer competitive pay and a great benefits package to all full time employees. We are a company who believes in promotion from within where possible therefore many advancement opportunities exist! We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, dynamic engagement.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY now!
Premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
We have a great opportunity for a senior level technician - Calibration Technician to join our team in the Elizabeth City, North Carolina location. The successful candidate will perform calibrations on Electrical, Mechanical, Electro/mechanical, Electronic Measuring, Recording and Indicating Test equipment.
Compares tests and calibrates electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards. Capable of using Windows Operating System. High school diploma or GED and an interest in mathematics, general science, physics, and or electronics. Relative certifications helpful. Ability to speak fluent English. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Maintains contact with technicians and general office staff. Fast-paced environment with a variety of duties with deadlines.
* Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service,
* Perform calibration of medium to high level test and measurement equipment with little supervision,
* Create and may be called upon to verify calibration data sheets for technical content and accuracy based upon instrument specifications and approved calibration procedures,
* Performing daily inspections of the incoming equipment to verify: accessories and manuals are available, malfunctions of customer instrumentation, and to change equipment status when appropriate.
* Military (PMEL) experience or two years of a technical associates degree preferred
* Minimum of 4 years of commercial or military laboratory experience
knowledge/Skills/Abilities (ksa) Required:
* Basic knowledge of metrology practices and theories, analog and digital circuit analysis,
* Proficient in Windows-based and laboratory automation software,
* Ability to evaluate appropriate standards and scope of accreditation to determine if these tools are acceptable for calibrating M&TE,
* Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 requirements,
* Skilled in communication with customers and peers, including the ability to mentor and train.
We are an equal opportunity employer!
Job Status: Full Time