Calibration Technician - Level 3
Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization at many of our sites across the U.S. We offer competitive pay and a great benefits package to all full time employees. We are a company who believes in promotion from within where possible therefore many advancement opportunities exist! We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, dynamic engagement. Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY now!
Premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
We have a great opportunity for a Calibration Technician level 3 to join our team in the Santa Clara, CA location. The successful candidate will have experience in RF and microwave measurement equipment, fiber optic test equipment is a plus.
Experienced senior level Calibration Technician in Santa Clara, CA - candidate must have a minimum of 3 - 5 years experience, have strong computer skills and ability to troubleshoot and repair test equipment. Candidate must possess strong communication skills with customers and peers along with working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI / NCSL Z540-1 requirements. Operating in several disciplines of test and measurement equipment in various fields including high bandwidth, oscilloscopes, fiber optic test equipment, signal generators, and network analyzers.
* Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service,
* Perform calibration and repair of high level test and measurement equipment with little supervision,
* Coordinate and lead teams for field calibration and maintenance,
* Interface directly with customers to determine needs relating to traceability, adequacy of standards and test procedures utilized by Trescal Inc, as well as for items requiring repair or limited calibration,
* Military (PMEL) experience or two years of a technical associates degree
* Preferred 7+ years of commercial or military laboratory experience
knowledge/Skills/Abilities (ksa) Required:
* Strong knowledge of metrology practices and theories, analog and digital circuit analysis,
* Experienced in some or all of test and measurement equipment used in conjunction with the repair and calibration of electronic, mechanical, acoustical, chemical, thermal and/or dimensional devices,
* Possess strong troubleshooting and repair capabilities, and the ability to work on unique equipment with little or no product information,
* Proficient in Windows-based and laboratory automation software,
* Ability to apply basic statistical techniques necessary for measurement uncertainty analysis,
* Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 requirements,
* Skilled in communication with customers and peers, including the ability to mentor and train.
* Sitting for long periods of time
* Able to lift 50 lbs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer