Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization! We are the premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
Our team is comprised of talented professionals who excel at providing industry leading calibration, repair and asset management services to our customers. As an employee at Trescal, you will join a people-centric company with an incredible culture. We encourage new ideas and suggestions in order to continue to offer both customers and employees the services and benefits in a dynamic, global marketplace. We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, and dynamic engagement. Does Trescal sound like the place for you? Then join our team!
We have a great opportunity for a Mechanical Calibration Technician Trainee. You will work on-site at our customer facility as a Resident Professional in the Worcester, MA (Boston area). We are looking for someone who has a passion for learning and a love of mechanical instrumentation.
In this role you will be part of a team that maintains the calibration program on-site at a key customer's facility and you will:
- Learn the methodology, skills and processes to perform calibrations on test and measurement equipment.
- Receive hands on training so that you can perform calibrations on low to medium level test and measurement instrumentation in the calibration laboratory and where necessary at customer's locations (on-site) once you have been trained and demonstrate competency.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction on all equipment and services.
- Learn how to create and verify calibration data sheets for technical content and accuracy based upon specifications and approved procedures.
As a Calibration Technician Trainee you must possess:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Ability to learn methodology, skills and processes to perform calibrations on test and measurement equipment.
- Basic math skills including geometry, algebra and statistics.
- Familiarity with basic (hand) tools.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), Internet research and database management.
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workload.
- Self starter and able to work independently.
Although not required, the candidate that we are targeting would have one or more of the following:
- Education or training in instrumentation, machine shop inspection, machine tool technology, or similar.
- Previous experience with instrumentation, working on machinery or dimensional metrology.
- Prior experience working with equipment such as torque wrenches, micrometers, calipers, thread gauges, bore gages, etc.
We believe people are the most important part of every business, which is why we offer more benefits than a great health insurance plan. At Trescal, we have a strong track record of retaining our employees by providing challenging work experiences, learning and development opportunities, and a success oriented collaborative environment. In addition, we offer paid time off, a 401k plan, career development opportunities, referral bonuses, and a competitive benefit package.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW!
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page at JOBS.TRESCAL.US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or veteran status.