We are looking for an experienced IT Help-Desk Specialist for our Milwaukee, WI location to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems to our internal customers. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Help-Desk Specialist must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain it's solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with customers of varying levels of technical knowledge.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance by phone, email, IT Service Desk Ticketing System or in-person.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs using our Service Desk system.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years experience providing technical assistance in a similar role
- AS degree or equivalent training/work experience
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and manage workload
And we would prefer:
- BS/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365
- Desktop or Laptop hardware experience is a plus
- Prior experience providing remote trouble shooting is a plus!
We believe people are the most important part of every business, which is why we offer more benefits than a great health insurance plan. At Trescal, we have a strong track record of retaining our employees by providing challenging work experiences, learning and development opportunities, and a success oriented collaborative environment. In addition, we offer paid time off, a 401k plan, career development opportunities, referral bonuses, and a competitive benefit package.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW!
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page at JOBS.TRESCAL.US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.