Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization! We are the premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
Our team is comprised of talented professionals who excel at providing industry leading calibration, repair and asset management services to our customers. As an employee at Trescal you will join a people-centric company with an incredible culture. We encourage new ideas and suggestions in order to continue to offer both customers and employees the services and benefits in a dynamic, global marketplace. We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, and dynamic engagement. Does Trescal sound like the place for you? Then join our team!
We have a great opportunity for a Shipper Receiver to join our team in our Boca Raton location.
In this role your main responsibility will be as a Shipper Receiver on a daily basis. You will also provide local pick up and delivery on an as needed basis.
Driver - Pick up & Delivery (2-3 half days per week)
- Drive a truck or van to locations to transport materials and equipment to and from customer sites throughout the Boca Raton area.
- Load and unload your vehicle through out your delivery route.
- You will need to identify equipment and verify that it matches transport documentation.
- Identify vehicle maintenance needs.
Shipping & Receiving
- Appropriately package and ship equipment to our customers and vendors. You will verify that accessories and options are documented according to shipping policies.
- Pull and label equipment for shipments to ensure equipment and shippers show an exact match.
- Receive, unpackage, and account for the contents of all inbound orders.
- Research and implement shipping options for unusual packaging situations or customer requirements.
- Receive and handle vendor deliveries, completing paperwork as needed.
- Initiate and manage shipping claims through to resolution, including maintaining contact with delivery service and the affected customer as required.
- Use UPS, Fed-Ex and WorldShip to generate shipping labels.
- Maintain relationships with UPS, FedEx, and any other relevant parcel sales contacts.
- Perform additional administrative or logistics business functions as required.
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills including strong data entry skills
- Must demonstrate good attention to detail
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
And we would prefer:
- Previous experience in dealing with customers.
- Previous work experience in a shipping and receiving role
- Experience using shipping software such as: UPS WorldShip or Fed-Ex
We believe people are the most important part of every business, which is why we offer more benefits than a great health insurance plan. We have a strong track record of retaining our employees by providing challenging work experiences, learning and development opportunities, and a success oriented collaborative environment. In addition, we offer paid time off, a 401k plan, career development opportunities, and a competitive benefit package.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW!
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page at JOBS.TRESCAL.US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.