- Performs clerical and physical duties involved with the receipt and shipment of products,
- Verifies accuracy of incoming shipments against accompanying documentation such as invoices, manifests and shippers,
- Identifies discrepancies and damage with incoming shipments and documentation,
- Packages products utilizing appropriate materials,
- Disperses received products to the appropriate authorities,
- Identifies and annotate accompanying accessories and technical documentation.
- Requires minor supervision and guidance regarding the receipt and data entry of shipments.
- Recognizes and identifies the need for associated equipment or accessories required for calibration.
- Data enters information regarding incoming shipments into computer database.
- Utilizing computers, prints documentation identifying received equipment for production.
- Disperses received products to the appropriate authorities.
- Identifies alternative and more efficient manners of shipping.
- Coordinates deliveries and pickups.
- Oversees shipping and receiving area responsibilities.
- Evaluates shipping carriers for performance and recommends corrective action where necessary.
- Identifies packaging methods and practices and recommends improvement where necessary.
- May assist in packaging products utilizing appropriate materials.
- Back-up delivery driver
- Performs other duties as required.
- Works professionally by adhering to company policies.
Source of Supervision: Branch/Laboratory Manager or designee
- Requires moderate supervision and guidance regarding the receipt and shipment of products
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED
- Basic understanding of shipping/receiving process
- Ability to package products for safe transportation
- Knowledge of shipping carrier rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Experience at identifying equipment and a thorough understanding of the operation of computers required.
- Working knowledge of technical library system and procurement system.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Brief exposure to summer/winter conditions encountered
Please note this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. All job descriptions and job duties may be modified, added, or deleted as Trescal Management deems necessary throughout the course of normal business.